Have you ever wanted to build your own mobile app? This certificate will teach you the top Android programming languages and frameworks used for building apps like Facebook and Instagram, and how to create your own Android application.
In this program, you’ll learn:
Essential Android programming concepts and the tools needed to develop applications
How to use the Kotlin Playground
Create user interfaces (UI) for mobile apps using Android Studio
Manage the lifecycle and data collections of mobile applications
Work with web technologies and persistent data on Android applications
Describe best practices for designing the UI and experience for mobile applications
Create cross-platform applications using React Native
Prepare for technical interviews for Android developer roles
Any third-party trademarks and other intellectual property (including logos and icons) referenced in the learning experience remain the property of their respective owners. Unless specifically identified as such, Coursera’s use of third-party intellectual property does not indicate any relationship, sponsorship, or endorsement between Coursera and the owners of these trademarks or other intellectual property.
Applied Learning Project
You’ll engage in hands-on activities and build a project-based portfolio that you can show to recruiters and potential employers when interviewing. Throughout each course, you’ll complete activities using use a lab environment or an application to perform tasks such as:
Design the UI using Interface Builder
Create simple UI using the Layout Editor
Build a native Android mobile app
In the final course, you will also complete a Capstone project where you will create an Android app.
Prepare for a career in Android Development
- Receive professional-level training from Meta
- Demonstrate your proficiency in portfolio-ready projects
- Earn an employer-recognized certificate from Meta
- Qualify for in-demand job titles: Android Developer, Mobile Applications Developer, Mobile Developer
What you'll learn
- Gain the skills required for an entry-level career as an Android developer.
- Learn coding in Kotlin and the programming fundamentals for how to create the user interface (UI) and best practices for design.
- Learn how to create applications for Android including how to build and manage the lifecycle of a mobile app using Android Studio.
- Create cross-platform mobile applications using React Native. Demonstrate your new skills by creating a job-ready portfolio you can show during interviews.